Sunday, June 14, 2009

195 - How to heal shame #1

Denial/blindness to our shame keeps us prisoners of it. Most people are blind
to most of our shame because it largely does not come from anything we
have done or not done. Most of our shame comes from overt and covert messages
that we have internalized throughout our lives especially during the formative
years of childhood. These messages come to us from many sources but for now I
refer you to shame reading materials I have recommended at other times for
sources. I will discuss sources of our shame again later in these emails but
for now I want to focus on a series of recommendations over the next 10 or 15
emails on how to heal internalized shame.
Peace,
Ken

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good shame note for me because I see shame as an onion. One layer at a time. So when I go back to the same shame, I have to remember the onion concept and not feel shame for feeling shame again.

    Compassion over and over again is what I need for myself and others, even those who are not working on shame, cause they don't know. Compassion is what warms the frozen world. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughtful note. I hope it gets read by others.

    ReplyDelete