Monday, August 3, 2009

231 - Getting more needs and wants met

Growing up in a painful family/culture we needed to become desensitized to most of our feelings in our bodies in order to survive the various forms of abuse and neglect that occurred. Today we need to learn how to sense/feel our feelings in our bodies so that we can better know our needs and wants and increase our ability to have needs and wants met.
Peace,
Ken

The first sentence of yesterdays message should have read "When you notice yourself judging, criticizing or blaming anyone including yourself,-----------".

www.kenlewiscounselor.net

2 comments:

  1. This made me think of how I desensitized my feelings/wants/needs...I became oblivious to my surroundings. I have been practicing labeling my feelings...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you Suzi Mac. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete