Thursday, October 8, 2009

271 - Reactivity

I've been thinking today about how destructive our reactivity can be to our relationships of all kinds, to peace of mind, to a spiritual life? We human beings, while we carry unwarranted shame around with us, struggle so hard to be "better" not believing we are perfectly imperfect the way we are. Reactivity is the vehicle and shame is the gasoline that fuels it. Healing reduces our shame enabling us to reduce our reactivity.
Peace,
Ken

www.kenlewiscounselor.net

3 comments:

  1. perfectly imperfect....I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. I also liked the "perfectly imperfect." It reminded me that there really IS nothing wrong with me. It also reminded me to have compassion for my reactivity so I can continue to live my relationships the way that I want to live them...accepting me...accepting others...thanks

    ReplyDelete