Thursday, October 1, 2009

266 - It's never too late

Most of the shame in our lives is that which was internalized, unacknowledged and we disconnected from in our childhoods many years ago. Sadly this shame has continued to exert great power over our lives, our decisions, our relationships. Freedom begins to come with the first time and every time we can acknowledge these feelings and share them with a person who can "own" their own shame feelings. It is never too late to participate in the shame healing process. If you want to register at the shame healing community blog to participate with others on that level, let me know and I can help in getting you registered.
Peace,
Ken

www.kenlewiscounselor.net

1 comment:

  1. Working with adolescents, I can see their childhood shame because they are still in it...but their early childhood shame is hidden from them because they are still in it and struggling blindly to get out of it. It is a challenge to try to help them make better choices...but interesting to see the struggling adolescent in myself. Hopefully the more I practice healing from shame myself, I will be able to demonstrate that for them...thanks

    ReplyDelete